April 23, 2021 | 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Bounce Back Rate
About the course
Every single day, there are people to talk to, ideas to be shared, and things to get done.
With remote work becoming a norm for many teams, it’s increasingly important to be the type of team member who is able to clearly express thoughts and proactively share updates, even without being in the same physical room as everyone else.
As we slowly return to meeting face-to-face and sharing work spaces, the need to clearly express ideas remains.
This three-hour online workshop will equip today’s workplace professional with the necessary tools to communicate in a way that is easier to understand and remember – getting you results, and getting them faster!
After going through the Assertive Communication Virtual Workshop, participants are expected to be able to do the following:
- Define what Assertive Communication is, and the behaviors exhibited when being assertive;
- Identify which situations they need to apply being more assertive in;
- Create an action plan which applies the insights from the workshop.
I. The Basics: Introduction to Assertive Communication
- Defining assertive communication
- Differentiating assertiveness from other types of communication behaviors
II. Characteristics of Assertive Communication
- How assertive are you? Exploring the results of a pre-workshop self-assessment
- Compare and Contrast: Identifying the behaviors one should exhibit as an assertive communicator vis-a-vis behaviors which one shouldn't.
III. Clearing the AIR: Being Assertive in Conflict-Driven Situations
- Common reactions in conflict situations
- Why we behave in certain ways during conflict
- A framework for behaving assertively in conflict-driven situations
IV. Assertiveness Guide: When to be, when not to be
- Assertiveness Cheat Sheet: Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
Doreen Cooper is an International Learning Facilitator, an Award-Winning Speaker, the Star of #superwithcooper Vlogs, and an Event & Lifestyle Host.
She has designed and facilitated training programs for local and international organizations on personal & professional development, skills development, practical communications, organizational communication, and productivity enhancement. Sample topics are:
Effective & Assertive Communication,
Listening Skills & Nonverbal Communication,
Influencing Skills & Self-Leadership,
Collaboration Skills & Dealing with Conflict,
Communicating Across Cultures,
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Decision Making.
Prior to becoming a freelance practitioner, Doreen served as a regional trainer at McKinsey & Company, the world’s top management consulting firm.
Born to a family of speakers and educators, Doreen started engaging in public speaking when she was 13. She published her first book, #Adulting, in 2018; and has a certificate in fashion styling.
Doreen is a past President of the Executive Toastmasters Club of Makati, and is currently serving as an Area Director, a role which requires her to help multiple club achieve their goals. She is a graduate of Organizational Communication at De La Salle University, and has completed all academic units for a Masters Degree in Communication at the Ateneo.