Virtual Audience Engagement Game Plan: Online Presentation Skills
August 25, 2021 | 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Bounce Back Rate
About the course
This 3-hour webinar will guide managers and supervisors through hacks of effectively engaging their remote audience when giving virtual presentations – from team huddles to crucial conference calls. With the current COVID-19 pandemic and with remote working becoming a new normal practice, doing virtual presentations is increasingly becoming part of one’s professional life. Virtual presentations bring a lot of challenges which is more than what one usually has to endure during face-to-face presentations – noisy background environment, a barrage of distractions ranging from doing other work, sending an email to doing online shopping; online fatigue and absence of non-verbal cues. With all these challenges, what must one do to effectively engage one’s virtual audience?
After this workshop, participants are expected to be able to do the following:
1. Understand the basics of effective communication.
2. Understand the different challenges faced between offline and online presentations.
3. Understand and apply the different techniques to effectively engage virtual audiences – the 3Vs in
communication, online platform mastery, time management, and online environment management.
I. Communication basics: learning the foundation for any speaking success
II. Facing the presentation enemy in the virtual world: unlimited distractions
a. Face-off: decoding offline vs online presentations
b. Understanding and overcoming presentation challenges in the virtual world
IV. Gearing for virtual battle: preparing for effective online presentations
a. Mastering the 3Vs of communication: visual, voice and verbal
b. Mastering technology
V. Winning while in the virtual battle front: making online presentations an engaging experience for your audience
a. Mastering one’s self, scene and slides
b. Managing the online environment
c. Mastering time management
VI. Advancing to the next game plan: preparing for your actual virtual presentations
• A holistic and quality-driven development communication professional with 18 years of experience working in industries such as international non-profit organizations, private corporations, and media.
• Expertise include strategic communication, communication skills building and training, public speaking, behavior change communication, knowledge management, publications development, public health education and promotion, advocacy, social mobilization, community relations, communication campaign design, implementation and evaluation; photography and graphic design.
• A critical thinker with proven ability in working and communicating effectively with people of different cultures and diverse social backgrounds having been part of an exemplary multi-cultural team working within the Asia Pacific Region that provides technical support to countries in Southeast Asia, East Asia, South Asia and in the Pacific islands.
• Has exceptional talent in simplifying and explaining complex concepts, adapting communication style to penetrate any audience, facilitating workshops, public speaking and organizing learning events.
• Passionate and finds fulfillment in sharing one’s time and talent to uplift the lives of people, especially the poor and the vulnerable.